• Mapping of the rhodolith (maërl) beds in Madeira archipelago • Biodiversity evaluation • Blue Carbon assessment
Objetivos do projeto M3C
• Mapeamento dos campos de rodólitos no arquipélago da Madeira • Avaliação da biodiversidade associada • Quantificação do carbono azul
The LIFE4BEST Programme (hereafter LIFE4BEST) continues the EU BEST Initiative. LIFE4BEST provides grant funding for small scale field actions for biodiversity conservation and sustainable development in the Outermost Regions of the European Union (ORs). LIFE4BEST is a gr ant scheme designed to provide effective support for actions on the ground at the local, as well the regional level. It is funded by the EU LIFE Programme, the French Office for Biodiversity (OFB) and the French Development Agency (AFD).
The overall objective of LIFE4BEST is to provide support for biodiversity action in the EU’s Outermost . The specific objectives of LIFE4BEST are:
1. To facilitate access to EU funds for actors in the nine EU Outermost Regions so as to unlock initiatives and potential in the fields of biodiversity conservation and the sustainable use of ecosystem services, including ecosystem‐based approaches to climate change adaptation and mitigation, as a basis for sustainable development.
2. To increase the capacity of these actors to access and effectively manage EU funds.
3. To increase the visibility of EU Outermost Regions as key contributors to the achievement of EU and global biodiversity strategies and targets.